Monday, March 9, 2009

Nigger! Nigga! My Nig!...What?

AS I was going through my files I came across an old blog from a previous site I blogged on and I wanted to recap on it so here is a re post of an old one..............

Nigger! Nigga! My Nig!....What?
Nov 25, 2006
When I think about the way we value ourselves as a people it saddens me the way we treat one another. We find it to be OK to call ourselves as well as each other "Nigga" or "My Nig". If we find it OK to result to such name calling in our music, movies, and in the streets; what makes us think that the white man doesn't see any wrong in it? Now, don't get me wrong I'm not condoning what Michael (Kramer) said because it was wrong and out of place.
We as a people have to take some responsibility in how we allow the world to perceive us and treat us. We accept "Nigga" as a descriptive word to describe our character. For me I don't and will not accept being called "Nigga" by my own race or anyone else for that matter. Can we blame Kramer for using the term "Nigger"? Yes! We can because he does not know the emotionally scarring that word has on our history and No! Because we allow it from our own people and that makes the outsiders believe we have come to a point in life where that word does not affect us anymore.
I believe that the current generation that we are in needs to have an open discussion with the elders of past generations to get a better understanding of the word. In order for today's generation to understand and stop using the N word then and only then will we stop the madness.
Come on my brothers and sisters lets stop disrespecting one another and treat each other as the kings and queens that we are!!!
Knowledge is power and currently we are powerless for not understanding that "Nigga, My Nig, and Nigger" is not respect.
Get knowledgeable!!!!

Ton-zae

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home