Friday, March 13, 2009

I Have A Story To Tell

I HAVE A STORY TO TELL

I have a story to tell
A story of pain, hurt, and prayer
I want to tell you, but will you understand
What I've gone through has made me a man
This story I want to tell
Is so devastating and true
I've only shared it with a few
I have a story to tell
I've tried to tell it, but the time hasn't been right
Maybe I will today or tomorrow
Or it might be better late in the night
All I know is that I have a story to tell
Some may say I'm crazy and some may not
But it's something that's killing me within
I just want to scream until no end
All I know is that I have a story to tell
I need to rid myself of this pain
Because it's driving me insane
I fear many men because of it
When one comes near it's like a fire has been lit
I've cried many nights of anger
This story within is causing danger
A story untold that needs to unfold
A story that's harsh and mostly cold
Beware of stories like this
Because it could very well be missed
Hold your young close to you
Before they become one of the few
This untold story of hurt and pain
Is like a man chasing cocaine
It will consume your life
It can hurt and kill your wife
For an untold story such as this
Will continue to linger in the mist
It whispers softly in your ears
It also has hurt some of your peers
Until I decide to tell this story
Hold your young close
And treasure their innocent glory
For I'm not ready to tell this untold story
I have a story to tell, but wait
It will hurt a few and it will destroy some
Because I didn't understand when it made him cum
This is part of my untold story
I should stop right here
Because this story may not be clear
Give me a little more time
Until I know that I am fine
This story will help and heal a few
For the perpetrator, he may not have a clue
But for now, beware and look out
For I'm going to tell this story with a lot of shouts
Until I tell this story I'll sit in this chair
And continue to hope God hears my prayers
Until we meet again
Remember that I have a story to tell

Ton-zae Simmons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home